POSTING NOW CLOSED - We're Hiring! Creative Kids Assistant
This posting is now CLOSED. Thanks to all who applied.
Creative Kids Assistant
Creative Kids Saskatchewan is a program of SaskCulture that provides funding assistance to children aged 4 to 19 years who face financial and social barriers to participation in art and culture activities. It is funded by private donations and sponsorships through the registered charity Creative Kids Canada Inc., with administration supported by SaskCulture Inc. through the Saskatchewan Lotteries Trust Fund for Sport, Culture and Recreation. We are looking for a full-time assistant to support the Creative Kids Program Coordinator and Fund Development Coordinator in the delivery of the program, charitable activities, fundraising and community engagement.
Reporting to the SaskCulture Administration Manager, responsibilities of this position include:
- Supporting the development and delivery of the Creative Kids program including processing applications, coordinating meeting logistics and travel, and working closely with service providers and applicant families;
- Supporting Creative Kids volunteer committees including preparing summary reports, attending and recording adjudication meetings, and notifying service providers and families of results;
- Data management of confidential records both physical and electronic, maintaining a service provider registry and applicant database, maintaining the fundraising, event and donor database (Theatre Manager), and generating periodic reports;
- Financial management and support including the issuance of charitable tax receipts, vouchering cheque payments, handling cash and credit card donations, and preparing spreadsheets;
- Assisting with communication initiatives including the distribution of promotional materials, the Creative Kids website and newsletter, and social media engagement such as Facebook, Twitter;
- Providing support to fundraising and awareness events and coordinating mail-outs;
- Working closely with SaskCulture staff and participating in strategic planning, staff development and the AGM.
Typically the knowledge and abilities required for this position would be acquired through post-secondary education in office education and/or business administration with several years experience in an office administration role. Experience working in a non-profit organization and/or charity is an asset. This position can be busy at times with strict deadlines and priorities. The ideal candidate will possess knowledge of Saskatchewan arts and culture together with experience in computer and database applications, financial management, event coordination, and data management. As the first point of contact for the program, applicants must be sensitive and understanding, respectful of diverse backgrounds and family situations, able to maintain confidentiality, know proper telephone etiquette, and demonstrate superior written and oral communication and client service skills. On occasion, you may be required to work outside regular office hours and/or travel.
SaskCulture thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates being interviewed will be contacted. More information about this position can be found at www.saskculture.ca and about the Creative Kids program at www.creativekidssask.ca
Forward applications to SaskCulture Inc., 404 – 2125 11th Avenue, Regina, SK S4P 3X3, or via email to email@example.com by May 27, 2018.