Creative Kids helps Saskatchewan children participate in art, music, dance, theatre, and a variety of cultural activities.
Who is Eligible?
- Saskatchewan children ages 4 to 19 – children must be 4 years old before the application deadline
- Families with the greatest financial need
- Artistic and cultural activities. Here is a list of eligible activities.
- Funding is paid to the service provider
Creative Kids funds children from families with financial barriers to artistic and cultural activities. Based on the number of applications received and funds available, most supported families have incomes less than $40,000.
Applicants will need to include a Notice of Assessment from Canadian Revenue Agency or pay stubs for each parent in the home.
What Does Creative Kids Cover?
Creative Kids may provide up to $750 per child for their activity. Funding resets every June 1. For instance, an applicant could be funded for a maximum of $750 for September to May dance classes.
Instrument rental or purchase costs, art supplies, dance shoes, and dancewear are eligible for funding up to $150 if applying to take a class. Please note that these items will only be considered if there is any remaining from the $750 after class costs are covered.
We support local art, music, and dancewear stores and are unable to purchase items online or at box stores such as Michael’s and Walmart. We cannot reimburse for items already purchased.
How to Apply
If you are a first-time applicant for Creative Kids support, please read this document.
- Choose an activity that has not yet started. See our service provider map for ideas.
- Find a service provider, the class dates and costs.
- Fill out the application form.
- Include a Notice of Assessment from Canadian Revenue Agency with your application or last two pay stubs.
- Apply online or download a paper application below and send it to your local committee.
Note: We cannot fund activity costs incurred before an application deadline. If your class requires payment to register or hold a spot call the service provider and explain that you are applying to Creative Kids before paying any fees. They may have some options.
2023 Application Dates
Deadlines take place annually in May, August and December.
Online applications are now open for the December 1 deadline – For activities that begin in January or February 2024.
Mailed applications must be received before the application deadline to be eligible.
Application results will be emailed to you within 30 days of an application deadline.
Download an Application Form
Download an application form for the city you live in and email, fax or mail it to us:
- The Battlefords
- Big River
- Lakeland District (the regions of Spiritwood, Prince Albert, Melfort, Nipawin and Hudson Bay - map of Lakeland communities)
- Provincial application for all communities without a local committee
Each of these communities has a local Creative Kids committee. Click here to contact yours.
For more information, contact:
Creative Kids Program Consultant