POSTING NOW CLOSED – We’re Hiring! Creative Kids Assistant
Creative Kids Saskatchewan is a program of SaskCulture that provides funding assistance to children aged 4 to 19 years who face financial and social barriers to participation in art and culture activities. It is funded by private donations and sponsorships through the registered charity Creative Kids Canada Inc., with administration supported by SaskCulture Inc. through the Saskatchewan Lotteries Trust Fund for Sport, Culture and Recreation. We are looking for a part-time assistant to support the Creative Kids Program Consultant in the delivery of the program. The Assistant will be required to work approximately 20 hours per week with the expectation of full-time hours for an 8-week block a minimum of three times per year associated with intake deadlines in Apr/May, Aug/September and Nov/December.
Note: due to COVID-19 this position will initially work remotely from a home office until it is safe to resume full office operations.
Reporting to the SaskCulture Administration Manager, the position will be the initial/primary contact for the Creative Kids program with responsibilities that include:
• Supporting the development and delivery of the Creative Kids program including reviewing and processing applications, coordinating meeting logistics and travel, and working closely with service providers and applicant families;
• Supporting Creative Kids volunteer committees including preparing summary reports, attending and recording adjudication meetings, and notifying service providers and families of results;
• Data management of confidential records both physical and electronic, maintaining a service provider registry and applicant database, and generating periodic reports;
• Financial management and support including vouchering cheque payments and preparing spreadsheets;
• Assisting with communication initiatives including the distribution of promotional materials, development and issuance of the Creative Kids annual Progress Report and newsletter, ongoing maintenance of the Creative Kids website, and identifying information to be shared on social media such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram;
• Providing support to fundraising initiatives and awareness such as drafting grant applications and/or assisting with in-person or on-line event management;
• Working closely with SaskCulture staff and participating in strategic planning, and staff development.
Typically the knowledge and abilities required for this position would be acquired through post-secondary education in office education and/or business administration with several years experience in an office administration role. Experience working in a non-profit organization and/or charity is a definite asset. This position can have strict deadlines and priorities. The ideal candidate will possess knowledge of Saskatchewan arts and culture together with experience in computer and database applications, financial management, and data management. As the first point of contact for the program, applicants must be sensitive and understanding, respectful of diverse backgrounds and family situations, able to maintain confidentiality, know proper telephone etiquette, and demonstrate superior written and oral communication and client service skills.
SaskCulture thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates being interviewed will be contacted. More information about this position can be found at www.saskculture.sk.ca and about the Creative Kids program at www.creativekidssask.ca
Forward applications to SaskCulture Inc., 404 – 2125 11th Avenue, Regina, SK S4P 3X3, or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 31, 2021.